Making a space, yet again, for the airing of sentencing grievances this Festivus

Senator Rand Paul, as is his modern tradition, is using Twitter today to air Festivus grievances for all sorts.  My personal favorite is this one, which laments that an "octogenarian Mormon has better pot jokes than" he does.  But one of my grievances is that Senator Paul has not been quite so vocal an advocate for sentencing reforms in recent years, although he set the bar so high back in 2013 (even on Festivus) that I probably should not have expected him to keep at it so aggressively.  (Also, I wonder if having been the victim of a mysterious violent crime at the hand of his neighbor has impacted his thinking on some criminal justice issues.)

As I did here in this space a few years ago, I readily could rattle off a wide range of sentencing grievances against a wide range of persons.  But both Festivus and life are too short (and my family and friends too lovely and my stack of exams to grade too large) to justify spending too much time on grievances today.  But I always welcome, and benefit from, hearing others air their sentencing grievances; I welcome folks to do just that in the comments here.

Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247011 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments