Discussing "Cannabis Reform as Criminal Justice Reform" at North American Cannabis Summit

Download (4)I have had the great fortune of escaping some of the deep chill now hitting the midwest because I am in California participating in this great event, the 2019 North American Cannabis Summit.  This webpage provides links to all the awesome programming over three days at this summit, which "is organized by the overarching themes of public health, health disparities, and health equity in policy and practice and [addresses] legislative, medical, science, and policy implications for the legislation of marijuana in jurisdictions across the continent."

This afternoon I am speaking on the topic of "Cannabis Reform as Criminal Justice Reform," expanding in various ways on some of the coverage of my article titled "Leveraging Marijuana Reform to Enhance Expungement Practices."  Because I already know what I am going to say, I am most looking forward to my panel to hear comments from the other participants, Shaleen Title, Commissioner of the Massachusetts Cannabis Control Commission, Amol Sinha, Executive Director, ACLU-New Jersey, and Johnathon Card, Legal Policy Intern, Health in Justice Action Lab.  Folks can find on this webpage links to the presentation slides for the event.

In addition to praising the organization and presentations involved in this North American Cannabis Summit, I figured I could also use this post as an excuse to spotlight some of the criminal-justice-relevant blogging from over at Marijuana Law, Policy & Reform.  So:

Via RSSMix.com Mix ID 8247011 http://www.rssmix.com/

Comments